ISEE 2016
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symposia

4 posters

Go down

Symposia Empty Symposia

Post by Admin Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:39 pm

These scientific sessions are put together in advance by a proposer with invited speakers, rather than with submitted papers. We will launch a call for symposia at the end of December with a deadline at the end of January. We will do the review process assigning to at least 3 reviewers (this will be a work for all of us), making every effort to avoid conflicts of interest. We may decide that symposia only consume about 20-25 percent of the available parallel oral sessions, so that we will be accepting about 18 of these proposals. We may choose to ask some symposium proposers to work together on a combined session. Alternatively, we may recognize that we are missing a very important symposium and solicit a late submission, a little flexibility is necessary.

Here is the list of items for symposia submission that were collected in previous conferences.

Symposia form:

Name of Submittor
Organization and contact details
Title of proposed symposia
Names of proposed speakers
Scope/Abstract (250 words)
Allocation of time
Funding requirements

Use the Forum space to post ideas for symposia or ideas regarding what works and does not work for these.
Do we want a chair for the Symposia, any volunteers?

Admin
Admin

http://isee2016.attivoforum.com

Back to top Go down

Symposia Empty re Symposia

Post by livepibj Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:59 pm

I agree with the general comments about the symposia and especially about the need to be flexible. As the time period for submitting details about the symposia is relatively short (about a month), we should advertise the opening and closing dates in a newsletter. As well as names of the speakers for the symposia, we could also request their affiliation.

livepibj

Back to top Go down

Symposia Empty Re: Symposia

Post by Ana Maria Mora Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:25 am

I agree with the general comments about the symposia, too. However, I think that we should ask the submitters for a chair and co-chair (ideally a new researcher, so that the SNRN doesn't have to look for people to fill out these spots later).

What would the responsibilities of the Chair of the Symposia be? I am assuming that you are asking for a volunteer to coordinate the process at a Scientific Program Committee level.

Ana Maria Mora

Back to top Go down

Post by f.forastiere@deplazio.it Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:59 am

Thank Ana. The Chair of the Symposia is someone that coordinates all the efforts at Scientific Program Committee level. That is: review the call, assign the referees, list the score and prepare a draft with a short list.

f.forastiere@deplazio.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum